5 Reasons To Destruct An Abandoned Well
1. A small child could fall into the well and become trapped.
2. An old, unused well becomes a conduit for contamination, and the bacteria could get into the aquifer – impacting your drinking supply.
3. If the well is open and exposed, small animals and rodents will fall into the hole and become trapped. Even worse, if they die, they will decompose and contaminate the aquifer.
4. Liability! Depending on the county that you reside in, you could be fined for having a well that has not been destructed.
5. Keeps the drinking water supply safe and clean for future generations to enjoy.